Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Fiesta Bridal Shower!

SPOILER ALERT!!! IF YOU ARE AN NC LADY COMING TO MY BRIDAL SHOWER AND DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FAVORS WILL BE- DO NOT READ ON!!!







So I dont know, maybe you're not supposed to be involved in planning your own shower- but it's just too much darn fun! My girls Allie, Carrie, my Sis and Mom are throwing me a Mexican Fiesta Shower in honor of our Cancun honeymoon and my LUST for Mexican food. The invitations were perfect!


(thats not mine, just the example from the web)

But they are all doing so much to make sure it will be a fabulous party- that I wanted to contribute, too! I thought, what is a Fiesta without a fancy flower to wear in your hair? So I set out to make a little flower clip favor for each lady attending.



They are made of three layers of silk dupioni scraps I had- and the center is a little bunch of three pearl and crystal beads. Then I hot glued them each onto a prong clip.



I printed the tags on regular hang tags using the Rosewood STD Regular font. Then I cut two 1/2" slits with an exacto-knife near the bottom to weave the clip through.




I think they are super cute and I hope everyone will feel a little snazzy wearing them!

3 comments:

Jenaveve said...

They are going to Love these. Such a colorful and clever idea!

Erin said...

How cute!

kadler said...

Those are so beautiful!! Congrats on the nuptials :)