Every day my excitement about the opening of HP: Half Blood Prince grows and grows! When we (the die hard fans) learned last year that the release was pushed back almost 8 months, we were devastated! Finally, in just 9 short days my wait will be over! Yes, we already bought our tickets for the midnight showing on Fandango. We had tried to buy them at the Lincoln Center theater, but two weeks early wasn't early enough. It was already sold out! Big movie openings are so fun in NYC. Everybody dresses up. Well, we don't. But lots of people do. It was the same for Star Wars and Spider Man. I think we would make a kick ass Ron and Hermione, but E's not so keen.
Of course, I'll always prefer the books, but it so fun to see the characters come to life- or come to death....ohhhhh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My whole family love Harry Potter. We started reading the books with the kids and have bought gold class seats on opening night to every film. We cant wait!
Sounds like loads of fun! I'd love to go to a movie opening in NYC. We went to an opening of The Lion King movie in LA years ago, and it was fantastic. It was at this old theater that also had a stage, and there was a live performance as well.
My husband and I became friends because we were both Harry fans at work. And I wrote my senior thesis on Harry Potter as a hero archetype, comparing him to those such as Odysseus, Moses, Jason, etc... =) We can't wait for this movie! It looks positively EPIC from what we've seen in the previews. We'll have to dish about how it goes!
Post a Comment