Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cynthina Rowley #1- Mock up.

Here is the mock- up of the first Cynthia Rowley pattern Im making.



Im leaving it sleeveless so I reshaped the armcye. I also took it in a smidge on each side to make it a bit more fitted. I was thinking about making it out of an eyelet with a scalloped edge for the hem? Still undecided- that may be too Lilly Pulitzer. I'll probably go fabric shopping tomorrow. It also looks super cute with a belt!



I'm kind of digging the green, too. Hmm, lots to think about.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, lesson 1: When you do a mock-up, what kind of fabric do you use?

Costume Diva said...

Well, I generally use whatever I have laying around! Technically you should use something similar to what you plan to make the real dress out of, but a cheaper version. You can also use a fabric called muslin. Its a cheap, off-white, sturdy cotton. The only time I make a mock- up is if I know I want to change something or if I’m skeptical about the fit. But for your first attempt at clothing it’s a good idea, too! Also, know that pattern sizes are not the same as store bought sizes! For example, I wear a 2 or 4 and I make a pattern size 8.

Gail said...

Looks like a wearable muslin to me. I like this pattern a lot - the more versions I see the more inclined I am to try. I wouldn't do the scalloped hem.