Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wedding Shoe Blues

Basically I HATE every shoe with the word "BRIDAL" stuck in front of it. Yes, yes, Ive searched for non-bridal shoes that may work too, but I still can find no shoe that rings my bell. I guess I am being pretty picky, but it my WEDDING for goodness sake! Even though almost no-one will see them I still would prefer them NOT to look like this:



These are the white satin version of the shoes I wore to the eight grade dance with a "baby doll" t'shirt from 5-7-9. Wedding worthy? I think not.

What I DO want is an ivory satin, peep toe, 3" heel with no bling. They have to be somewhat supportive, nothing too strappy (I got the bunion, people!) that I can be in for at least 5 hrs and not scream bloody murder! Oh, and they MUST be under $100. I refuse to pay more than that for shoes I will most likely never wear again. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so. Right now Im leaning towards these bad boys.



I dont LOVE them but they are on sale for $40 from $195, however the sale means no returns! Whats a girl to do?! How will I ever find the perfect shoe in under 4 months! Impossible! It will never happen! I will walk down the isle in eigth grade, chunky heel, platform shoes from hell! AHHHHHH!

Ok, ok! I guess I still have time to work a miracle. But if anyone sees a shoe thats impossibly cute and fits my rigid requirements, please let me know! Thanks. Now I think I'll watch Harry Potter and calm the f*%#k down.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I nipped that one in the bud by wearing silver flats. Weird? Perhaps. But totally comfy and cute.

Unknown said...

Saw Erin's blog mention of your shoe dilema and I just can't resist my urge to Internet shop. How about these? http://www.ninewest.com/Jinnett/3235569,default,pd.html?cgid=526934&itemNum=63

Tina said...

Wow! I love Jennifer's choice... I must say, those look waaaay more comfy than the ones in the post.

(Also came from Erin's blog!) I LOVE these dresses that you've made - looked at some old posts. You've got a heck of a lot of talent! And congrats on the upcoming wedding - good date choice. Our two year anniversary will be Oct 13th. =) Such a great time of year!