Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Daddy Dances

My Dad is a dancer, choreographer, teacher, Artistic Director, photographer, goof ball and awesome Papa!



I grew up watching him perform and teach and create.



On weekends we would "Jitter Bug" on the deck. In the summer we would do lifts in the pool!



It is from him I gained my ability to talk to anyone, my tendency to share maybe a bit to much information, my sense of humor, and my debilitating obsession with chocolate.



Thanks to his never ending love and support and limitless hugs and kisses, I know that I am special and deserved to be loved.



Thanks Doodee for being the best Dad ever! Thanks for camping trips, for always bringing too much to the beach, our European excursion and for putting my hair in curlers. Thanks for Nintendo championships, for the Jitter Bug, for watching me cheer and for not letting me pick up an upset friend late at night by myself. Thanks for loving me and Mom and Bryony. Thanks for loving dance and art and all things beautiful. XOXO. I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Gail said...

My daddy danced too, little Irish jigs in the kitchen. Your photos are awesome. We celebrate Fathers Day in September in the land of Oz.

Tina said...

What gorgeous lines he had! Is that last pic from the Nutcracker?!? How awesome... My dad was a mechanic. =)

Rick McCullough said...

I have the best daughters in the whole world and I love them very much, Thanks, Marissa for the awesome tribute. Other things i did: helped your Mom deliver you to the world, changed your diapers, cooked dinner, made lunches and pancakes, taught you to swim in our pool, took you to violin, chorus, and Little Theater, took you trick or treating, took you to swim team, taught you to drive, drove you to college, and then Rhode Island, worried all the time, hung out with you in NY and loved you constantly. xoxo :x