She knows what Im talkin about!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thoughts on Matching
Ya know how some people are all "things dont have to match, they just have to go" ? Yeah, this is a concept I've never been able to accept. I like to wear my turquoise earrings with my turquoise purse and my turquoise shoes, gosh darn it! For my entire life this has been a very important staple of my fashion identity! I remember very clearly asking Santa on more than one occasion for a dress with matching shoes. Yellow dress? Yellow shoes. Pink dress? PINK SHOES! Ok, so what if they called me Prissy Rissy? I know what I like- and I really dont think its fare that Ms. London and Mr. Kelly make me feel a fashion inferior for liking to be "matchy- matchy"! Although I will agree that when taken to extremes, matching is a total faux- pas. If you didn't know Chantay at American Girl then you were never so privileged as to see the "Gold Outfit" or "Silver Outfit" right down to the undies! Too much, I agree. So this I vow- Never will I not like to match, yet never will I match too much!
She knows what Im talkin about!
She knows what Im talkin about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment