Man, am I glad I made a mock- up first because the pattern needed a lot of work. First I had to cut it down a size. Then, I narrowed and shortened the shoulder strap. Third, I narrowed the bust darts. I also shortened the bodice and the skirt by an inch each so I could add a 2" waistband. The bodice is all done so Thursday I'll finish the skirt, Tomorrow we're going to our first Yankee's game in the new stadium! Can't wait! I only hope its not rained out...
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Dress update
So I've been working on the previously mentioned dress. Here's a sneak peak...

Man, am I glad I made a mock- up first because the pattern needed a lot of work. First I had to cut it down a size. Then, I narrowed and shortened the shoulder strap. Third, I narrowed the bust darts. I also shortened the bodice and the skirt by an inch each so I could add a 2" waistband. The bodice is all done so Thursday I'll finish the skirt, Tomorrow we're going to our first Yankee's game in the new stadium! Can't wait! I only hope its not rained out...
Man, am I glad I made a mock- up first because the pattern needed a lot of work. First I had to cut it down a size. Then, I narrowed and shortened the shoulder strap. Third, I narrowed the bust darts. I also shortened the bodice and the skirt by an inch each so I could add a 2" waistband. The bodice is all done so Thursday I'll finish the skirt, Tomorrow we're going to our first Yankee's game in the new stadium! Can't wait! I only hope its not rained out...
Labels:
McCalls Pattern,
New York Life,
Sewing Project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment