Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Save n Sew

So I've been shopping around for a dress to wear to my friend Lindsay's wedding in May and I tried on this fierce Phoebe Couture dress in Macy's that I fell in love with! I cant find a pic of it online- but its a pink, one- shouldered cocktail dress with a large rosette on the shoulder! Too bad it's almost $400 and I cant justify spending an entire government funded paycheck on it. Boo on morals. Good thing I can sew! I searched the web to find a comparable pattern and I decided on McCall's M5658.


Its not exact, but for $9.57 I couldn't refuse! Then as a bonus I got to pick another pattern for free! That's right, two patterns for $9.57! For the second dress I chose M5618.


If I have time I'll make this to wear to Bry's graduation. I already have 4 yards of pink dupioni silk I swiped from Forbidden Broadway during strike, so I'm gonna put it to good use! (Cross your fingers that my motivation holds and I actually finish this one!)

1 comment:

Jenaveve said...

Hullo - I'm incredibly keen to see how you go with these dresses. Good luck!