Monday, January 12, 2009

Bog of Eternal Stench

First I want to mention this SNL skit:



Too funny. (even though all of those shows are either long gone or not even closing.)

Anywho- NYC is so gross. Sure there are a few streets not spotted with dog shit, but I rarely walk down them. Only when traveling near a museum or Central Park, but then again, many Central Park sidewalks have horse shit. So basically what Im saying is odds are you have to constantly dodge shit. Then theres the garbage. I have literally watched people just toss their empty soda can on the ground. Eric has taken to confronting litterers, but Im not that brave. They may shiv me. If the trash and shit isnt nasty enough, then you have homeless people. If you have never smelled "homeless" you cant even imagine the stench. They smell like what I imagine the Labyrinth's "Bog of Eternal Stench" smells like. Im not exaggerating. Not only are the homeless people gross- so are many of the "regular" inhabitants. Yesterday while walking down the subway platform the man in front of me seriously stopped, squatted a little, let out an enormous fart, then continued on as if nothing had happened. Ugh! Oh my god- it was awful. I was in his direct path! Did he do that maliciously do you think? Was he aiming for me? Did he get some sort of obscene pleasure out of farting on me? Probably.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've only been to New York once, and I was shocked by the stinkiness. Even in really nice areas. But the farting incident...that reminds me of the episode of The Office where Michael goes to New York, sees a fake Tina Fey, misses the real Conan O'Brien, and witnesses a guy pooping in a box in the subway.