So Ive promised myself that I wont do any more "nesting" for a while. I will admit that painting two rooms in two weeks was exhausting. That being said, I already have our bathroom on the mind. I'm thinking yellow. Nothing neon- a nice muted mustard perhaps. Its funny though, when I starting looking up ideas for yellow bathrooms most of the pages that came up were people complaining that they were stuck with yellow bathrooms they hated. Then I started searching for a cute shower curtain with yellow accents- but I came up so empty handed. It seams most every shower curtain with yellow in it has either rubber duckies, fru-fru flowers or looks like it belongs in a mod Swedish hotel. It also doesnt help that I
detest vinyl curtains and will never ever buy one. Ever. The best I could come up with is this curtain from Pottery Barn.

(p.s. coincidence that it has the same colors as my blog?)
I really like it but I worry its to flowery for E.
Then I thought, why dont I just make my own? But most fabric is 45" wide and shower curtains are typically 72". There are a few handmade shower curtains on Etsy, but I wonder if they have a big fat seam down the middle that is cleverly hidden in the photographs. Hmmm... any suggestions?
3 comments:
I'm afraid I don't have suggestions, but I love the combo of yellow and gray. Also, our main living area walls are a shade of yellow (Behr's castle stone to be exact).
Maybe you could run the 54" panel down the middle and two skinnier panels down the sides. How funny - I asked for fabric (and paint) for Christmas to redo our bathrooms. Brad's mom had a shower curtain made and it does have a seam down the middle. You really don't notice it on hers, maybe because it's a vertical stripe and the seam matches up just right. But Steph suggested making it in thirds if it's not a stripe. You know you can always trust Steph for a good sewing tip.
So true Em! I thought about the three panel idea too. Its just seems redundent to cut something in half just to sew it back together! But your right, if its a stripe it will barely be noticable. I would love to see pics of how your bathrooms turn out!
Post a Comment