Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gaping gripe!

So I did a quick mock- up of the McCall's dress bodice, and I think it will be really cute!



The only problem is that there is strange gaping at the center front and center back. I think I'm going to have to make some adjustment.

Note the center front before:



and after pinning out the extra:




The center back before:



and after:



Weird right? I didn't see any mention of this in any of the
reviews I read, so I wonder if I'm going slightly mad. It's a pretty obvious problem in my opinion.

***UPDATE***

This morning I had the realization that the sleeves are meant to sit more off the shoulder, giving the neckline a much wider scoop and pretty much eliminating the gaping. Crisis averted!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think you realized where you were having a problem. Mine doesn't gape but it is roomy in the bodice area.

Erin said...

There's a lot of geniusness going on in this here post. This is why I need to be your apprentice.