So, I started to think, what is the best, most favorite job I've ever had? Easy. American Girl. Why was that job so much better than any job I've had before or since? Easy. The girls. I absolutely thrived off the energy they brought to the theater. I loved being able to inspire them, encourage them, and laugh with them. Any event that meant I got to spend time with the young performers or on the floor with the young customers, I was giddy with excitement. Being around the kids is the thing I've been missing the most over the past two years.
Hence my decision to go back to school to pursue a Masters in Early Childhood Education. I've only begun the process of researching schools and programs here in NYC and weighing my options. As of now, I think I will approach the degree as a part- time student so I am still able to do costuming work.
Only a few months ago I would have never thought that I would be excited to go back to school, but now I truly am. The ideas are swirling in my head about the ways I will be able to use this degree and Im excited about what new doors is will open in our lives.

1 comment:
Good for you!!
Post a Comment