First, since E and I live here in NYC, I used an MTA map as paper! It comes in a very large fold out size, so I cut out four 8.5 x 11 sections and just fed them through the printer. Easy peasy. Then I designed some personalized banners on Illustrator. I chose colors to compliment the map, and also cute phrases to feature. For example: "E & M", "10-10-09", "Amore" and my personal favorite "Sweet Love." I cut them all out, hot glued a crystal bead on the top of the tooth pick, glued and folded! So easy, and since I already had all the supplies and MTA maps are free, this project cost me NADA!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Cupcake Banners
Here is a little DIY project I've been working on for our rehearsal dinner: Cupcake banners! The dinner is being held at a brewery, so the atmosphere will be very laid back. Still, I wanted to add some special details to dress up our dessert!

First, since E and I live here in NYC, I used an MTA map as paper! It comes in a very large fold out size, so I cut out four 8.5 x 11 sections and just fed them through the printer. Easy peasy. Then I designed some personalized banners on Illustrator. I chose colors to compliment the map, and also cute phrases to feature. For example: "E & M", "10-10-09", "Amore" and my personal favorite "Sweet Love." I cut them all out, hot glued a crystal bead on the top of the tooth pick, glued and folded! So easy, and since I already had all the supplies and MTA maps are free, this project cost me NADA!
First, since E and I live here in NYC, I used an MTA map as paper! It comes in a very large fold out size, so I cut out four 8.5 x 11 sections and just fed them through the printer. Easy peasy. Then I designed some personalized banners on Illustrator. I chose colors to compliment the map, and also cute phrases to feature. For example: "E & M", "10-10-09", "Amore" and my personal favorite "Sweet Love." I cut them all out, hot glued a crystal bead on the top of the tooth pick, glued and folded! So easy, and since I already had all the supplies and MTA maps are free, this project cost me NADA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is an amazing idea. Great job!
Post a Comment