Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wedding dress!

As many of you know- I have designed my wedding dress after my favorite vintage cocktail dress of my late Oma Claire's. Well, I was shopping around on Modcloth the other day and came across an almost identical vintage dress. Now you can all visualize my inspiration!



Obviously my dress will be white and floor length. The chiffon on the waistband will be slightly ruched. The skirt wont be quite as full but there will be a small train. The lace part of the bodice will be beaded and the same lace will edge the hem of the skirt!

The wonderful and talented Carolyn Fay of the NCSA dance costume shop is making it for me. She has been an inspirational person to me my whole life. I always wandered around her shop in awe of the spectacular tutus and headdresses. We have a fitting and are going fabric shopping when Im in Winston late May. Cant wait for it to get started!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. That is going to be so gorgeous!

kadler said...

That's beautiful! I love it in black but I bet it'll be stunning in white, too. Can't wait to see the final product :)

kadler said...

FYI - that model in sequins is Jessica Biel!