Monday, August 2, 2010

From Neon Sushi to Chocolate Froth!

While I was down in NC visiting my Mom and Pop I decided I just had to remove the wallpaper from our hallway bathroom! This is the most used bathroom in the house and it was still adorned with the stripped and neon fish clad paper I picked out in 1990. Buh-bye!





First I removed all the wallpaper by scoring, spraying a mixture of fabric softener and warm water, and scraping. It came off pretty easy. The fact that it was almost 20 years old didnt hurt.



Then we (Dad helped with this part) tore down the cabinets and the molding that held up the horrible plastic cover for the florescent light above the sink.



Then I primed and painted all the trim , shelves, lower cabinets and window with a bright white semi-gloss.



On the walls I used Behr's Chocolate Froth in a satin finish.

VIOLA!!


I love the way it turned out and so do the 'rents!




There are a few more things to be done: hang the mirror, a new counter top and sink are on their way and an electrician is coming by to install new light fixtures. Also we had to order special hinges for the lower cabinets. Still, I think we'll all be a little happier in this slightly more sophisticated commode!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks awesome! Definitely a more relaxing place to do...business.