Sunday, July 11, 2010

ABT Met Season Ends...



Well words cant even describe how much I loved working as a Dresser for American Ballet Theatre's 2010 Met Season. Every time I would walk up those steps to Lincoln Center I thought about how lucky I was to be there. Every night that I got a chance to watch from the wings I would get chills.



I made it a point to take in and appreciate that I loved being at work. Sure there were grumpy days full of sweaty and stinky costumes. There were rare moments of Ballerina Divas claiming they didn't have a hat or someone stole their tights.. Sometimes it was really hot and sometimes it was really cold. Burly Local One guys would yell at you if you were standing in the wrong spot. Maybe you'd have to smash a cockroach or two, but hey, it was worth it.



Because for all the sweat and stink and grumpiness there was everything else. Unbelievably talented and dedicated artists. Amazing supportive friends who watch each other from the wings. Some of the goofiest people I have ever met. The magic of being moved by movement and music 8 shows a week.



Thanks ABT! I cant wait till the next one!

No comments: